The wall to wall performances, the speeches, the fashion, and what I learned from #MusicsBiggestNight.
• You could easily make a drinking game out of how many times LL Cool J licks his lips. Same for how many times he said, “hashtag.”
• Grammy night was the first time I ever saw Bruno Mars and Janelle Monáe in the same room…which ruins my theory about how they’re the same person. Wait…they were never actually NEXT to each other- right?
• Jennifer Lopez’s thigh, Rihanna goes braless, Katy’s Perrys...so much for the Grammy/CBS, “cover up” memo.
• Kelly Clarkson should have put the, “just kidding” comment after admitting she didn’t know who Miguel was.
• I wonder how many times Hunter Hayes has been referred to as the “Justin Bieber of Country music.”
• Speaking of Justin Bieber…if given the choice I will ALWAYS go with Justin Timberlake. Call it a “generational” thing.
• Adele makes chewing gum with your mouth open and using terms like “knocked up” classy. P.S. Her Grammy fashion inspiration? Valentino meets Mrs. Doubtfire.
• What will Wiz Khalifa hold in photo ops once Amber Rose gives birth?
• I want a cane like Prince.
• For those that were surprised to see Lena Dunham (Girls) in the audience; she dates fun. Guitarist Jack Antonoff. Of course she does.
• If you refer to fun. at the end of a sentence...do you have to use two periods? fun..
• The female vocalist for The Lumineers proves that not EVEVERYTHING about Craig’s List is creepy (the group found her after she responded to an ad they put out on Craig’s List.)
• Kimbra was going for a, FernGully: The Last Rainforest theme.
• Yes - Rihanna was sitting next to Chris Brown at the Grammys. I bet she’s “Unapologetic” about it being “Nobodies Business.” Speaking of - anyone else spot the sparkler on her left ring finger during her “Stay” performance? Speculation? Ready, set, go!
• Where else can you see Nicole Kidman mom-dance to Wiz Khalifa and Miguel? Answer: nowhere but the #Grammys (that’s for you LL Cool J)
Bekah Berger - Entertainment Contributor
A Cranston native with pop culture prowess and celebrity insider gossip, Bekah covers Rhode Islanders making national entertainment headlines for Cumulus Providence.
Cumulus Media Providence: 92PROFM.COM, LiteRock105FM.com, HOT1063.com,
630WPRO.COM & 790Business.com