There is no custom code to display.

Lena Dunham says her coronavirus symptoms went on for weeks

Lena Dunham says her coronavirus symptoms went on for weeks

Lena Dunham shared her experience with Covid-19 on Instagram Friday, saying her symptoms lasted weeks.

“The fact is, the Coronavirus kills people,” she said. “But it will also alter the bodies and lived experiences of so many who are infected, in ways that could never be predicted.”

More than 4.5 million people have been infected with the virus in the United States and 153,314 people have died, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. As the virus continues to spread, health professionals are still learning what to expect from recovery.

The star and creator of “Girls” said she became sick in mid-March with symptoms including aching joints, fatigue, fever, numbness, a cough and loss of taste and smell.

“It felt like I was a complex machine that had been unplugged and then had my wires rerouted into the wrong inputs,” Dunham said.

Although Dunham revealed last year that she has been diagnosed with a chronic condition called Ehler-Danlos syndrome, she said she was able to avoid going to a hospital for coronavirus because a doctor offered her guidance on how to care for herself — a privilege she said most people don’t have.

She tested negative for the virus a month later, but Dunham said many symptoms persisted and doctors don’t know yet what her continued recovery will look like. She said her experience with chronic illness helped her cope with the prolonged impacts.

“I feel blessed to have entered this experience as a ‘sick’ person; otherwise, I don’t know how I would have tolerated crossing that threshold from well to unwell,” Dunham said.

Ultimately, Dunham said she felt motivated to share her experience to encourage people to take the virus’ spread more seriously.

“This is the biggest deal in our country, and in the world right now,” Dunham said. “When you take the appropriate measures to protect yourself and your neighbors, you save them a world of pain. You save them a journey that nobody deserves to take, with a million outcomes we don’t yet understand, and a million people with varying resources and varying levels of support who are not ready for this tidal wave to take them.”

Recently Played

Entertainment News

Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion’s new video stuns fans with a surprise appearance by Kylie Jenner

Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion’s new video stuns fans with a surprise appearance by Kylie Jenner

When the music video for Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion’s first collab dropped Friday, one revelation left fans stunned: Kylie Jenner.

The music video for “WAP” features the two rappers luxuriating in a huge, pastel-toned mansion — strutting down hallways and dancing with cheetahs.

About halfway in, the music stops and is replaced by the sound of clicking heels. The camera zooms in on the edge of a cheetah-print gown and slowly moves up. Anticipation is built. Then, it is revealed: Jenner, who says nothing in the video yet warrants a 25-second pause.

Many fans, it seems, were not exactly thrilled — so much so that a petition to remove Jenner from the video has already received more than 33,000 signatures in less than 24 hours.

The description of the petition gets right to the point: “The video was perfect until we saw K and I wanted to throw my phone.”

On person took matters into her own hands, editing Jenner’s part out of the video and uploading it onto Twitter, where it has almost 300,000 views.

Jenner isn’t the only cameo in the “WAP” video. Artists like Normani, Mulatto, Sukihana and Rubi Rose are given cameos toward the end, in an effort to uplift fellow female musicians.

The problem many have with Jenner’s appearance is rooted in her history of what’s been coined as “blackfishing,” an attempt at mimicking the look and style of Black women. Just this year, Jenner posted a photo of herself on Twitter in a long, curly blonde wig with noticeably darker skin.

“When will your family be done cosplaying Black women?” one user bluntly asked.

Her appearance has become so denounced that Betty White began trending on Twitter in an effort to have White replace Jenner in the video.

But regardless of some fans’ opinion of Jenner, the video has been a hit, garnering 21 million views on YouTube in less than 24 hours.

Actor Leslie Jordan reveals details of his life in quarantine

Actor and comedian Leslie Jordan has been anything but idle during his stay at home. Known for his appearances in “Hearts Afire,” “Will & Grace” and “American Horror Story,” the 65-year-old hinted that he has much more in store when he spoke to CNN’s Anderson Cooper on “Anderson Cooper Full Circle” on Friday to discuss…Continue Reading

‘Surviving Jeffrey Epstein’ pivots toward the next phase of the story

‘Surviving Jeffrey Epstein’ pivots toward the next phase of the story

After a pair of Jeffrey Epstein docuseries aired in May, Lifetime seemingly weighs in late with “Surviving Jeffrey Epstein.” But this two-part production — which borrows its title from the network’s R. Kelly documentaries — takes on a new dimension with the July arrest of Ghislaine Maxwell, the late financier’s alleged accomplice in his sex-trafficking…Continue Reading

Eurovision Song Contest is coming to America

Eurovision Song Contest is coming to America

One of the world’s most popular singing competitions is headed to the United States. The team behind the Eurovision Song Contest has announced “The American Song Contest,” scheduled to take place during the 2021 holiday season. “The American version of the Eurovision Song Contest will, as it is currently conceived, position the artists head to…Continue Reading

BTS announces US theater premiere of ‘Break the Silence’ film

BTS announces US theater premiere of ‘Break the Silence’ film

BTS is set to bring its latest film to movie theaters next month, a plan that will depend on which venues actually are open. The astronomically popular K-pop group announced Thursday that “Break the Silence: The Movie” will roll out to theaters in more than 70 countries beginning September 10. More countries, including the United…Continue Reading

‘Dirty Dancing’ is getting a sequel

‘Dirty Dancing’ is getting a sequel

Because nobody puts Baby in a corner. A “Dirty Dancing” sequel is indeed happening, courtesy of Lionsgate, Deadline reports. Studio CEO Jon Feltheimer confirmed the news on an earnings call Thursday, referring to it as “one of the worst kept secrets in Hollywood,” according to the publication. “It will be exactly the kind of romantic,…Continue Reading

There is no custom code to display.